1. Why did you choose to go into a profession in law?
Initially, I wanted to pursue a career in law enforcement. As I got older, I was more intrigued by becoming a lawyer and pursuing the law through a different avenue. To me, trial work is extremely competitive, and I enjoy the opportunity to compete. The work is non-stop, and I don’t like to sit still.
2. What do you find most challenging and rewarding about being in a legal career?
Each case is different. People hire lawyers at times in their life when they are vulnerable and need counsel. It is extremely gratifying when someone puts their trust in me in those situations.
3. Why do you choose to stay in Youngstown to work?
I was born and raised in Youngstown. I love the city and what it stands for. Youngstown epitomizes grit and toughness. I believe you need both to succeed in the profession.
4. What separates Hartwig Law over other firms in the area?
Hartwig Law takes pride in results. Attorney Hartwig works diligently to ensure that his staff is overly prepared for each and every task at hand. The standard for professionalism is very high here.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time when you are not at Hartwig Law?
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. Occasionally, smoke a good cigar.